Working from home becomes a very convenient and safe option for most entrepreneurs. When managing your art business is no different. In fact, you can convert your own home into an art gallery to welcome your guests and ignite their interest. To help you get started, we prepared some factors to consider when deciding when to use your home as your art gallery to help ignite your presence:
1. See if there is a space available before deciding to use your home as an art gallery. You need to assess the available space conducive for your artworks and explore if it will accommodate both small and large pieces. Also, make sure that the space is adequate well-lit and can be arranged in a way that highlights the artworks.
2. Evaluate the potential costs. You need to determine what kind of investment you are willing to make in terms of displaying artwork in your home. This is inclusive of costs in connection with setting up a boutique space for a gallery such as framing, lighting, wall preparation, branding, and communication.
3. Think about the aesthetic. Keep in mind the style and decor of your home. The art you prefer to display should complement your homes decor and contribute to the overall aesthetic - not only your style but how it aligns with your existing furniture and decor when selecting artworks to exhibit.
4. Consider your audience. If your home is in an area with little or no foot traffic, you'll need to think about how you will attract visitors. Consider your audience when preparing your home gallery - will it cater to local art lovers or collectors will you be targeting tourists and travelers?
5. Research art exhibitions. Before deciding to use your home as an art gallery research other exhibitions in and out of your neighborhood. Communicate with the artists and observe the artwork on display - this will give you an idea of the kinds of art that are popular in your area and what you can expect to sell.
To learn more about branding and communication in the creative sector, contact us today